from Zuerich Open.ch
Stefan Edberg in Zurich
Who can stop Stefan Edberg? The 2010 BNP Paribas Zurich Open winner recorded his seventh consecutive victory at the Saalsporthalle with a 7-6(2), 6-2 win over Henri Leconte on Friday.
The Frenchman went for his shots throughout and wowed the crowd with some wonderful lobs, but he still could not find a way past Edberg. The Swede will now face Carlos Moya in Saturday's final but seems undaunted at facing a man who is 11 years his junior and who leads the ATP Champions Tour ranking thanks to his win in Delray Beach in February.
"Age does make a little bit of a difference, but I've been hitting the ball well this week so at least I feel I have a chance," said 46-year-old Edberg after the match. "(Carlos) has obviously done really well recently, so I've got nothing to lose – I can be relaxed and play my game. If I can serve well, I can beat him. And if I don't serve well," the affable Swede grinned, "then I'm in trouble!"
- Myskina replaces Petkovic in Halle Champions Trophy
- World class in Manavgat, the Wilson Senior Open
- Tennis show from Edberg
- Stefan Edberg at the Wilson Senior Open
- Such a bad luck, Stefan... Again!
- Edberg Stuns Philippoussis
- Filip Bergevi, Stefan Edberg's junior partner in Zurich
- Edberg rolls back the years to defeat Henman
- Borg Inspires McEnroe To Final
- BNP Paribas Zurich Open - Schedule of play