Freelance journalist Catherine Whitaker, who’s been interviewing players at the US Open for British Eurosport, considers the one with Stefan Edberg the best interview she’s had in Flushing Meadows this year.
Unfortunately, we don’t have that interview to show you, but Whitaker talked about it during a Tennis Podcast from New York with her colleague David Law. The journalist asked Stefan (off records) about his influence on the SABR (Sneaky Attack By Roger), the aggressive half-volley return that Federer has been showing in the North American summer swing and that has been raising so much attention during the US Open.
In the audio excerpt from the Tennis Podcast below you can hear about Stefan’s answer and some interesting comments on why the partnership between him and Roger has been so successful so far. (mc)
Download the .mp3 file» (MB 3.05)
- Edberg: "The final decided by two points"
- Edberg: Roger's sneaky attack a surprise for me as well
- Edberg on Federer: "You still cannot count him out"
- Federer-Djokovic, preview of the US Open final
- Roger Federer at 15-Love
- Federer: I don't see myself as a super coach
- Becker doesn't like Federer's sneaky attack
- Roger Federer’s new shot is the talk of the town
- U.S. Open: Flawless Federer through
- Edberg and Federer already together in New York