by Mauro Cappiello
Last Saturday September 10th, Stefan Edberg was in Italy as a special guest of the Gala Night following the annual ceremony of the European School of Economics.
The event called "Alumni Graduation" celebrated the final degree of all ESE's international students and was held in the wonderful location of Palazzo Borghese in the historical city of Florence (that hosts one of the five European centres of the institute), at the presence of Mr. Elio D’Anna, president and founder of the European School of Economics, pictured with Stefan below.
During the dinner, Stefan received a special Sportsmanship award and delivered a short speech, of which the School reported a fragment in a post on their official Facebook account that you can read below.
Stefan’s daugher Emilie was a student of the European School of Economics in London in 2013. For the school, she wrote an essay about the Ready Play Tennis Academy, run by Stefan Edberg in Växjö, along with Magnus Larsson and Carl-Axel Hageskog.
- Fans don't like the new Australian Open logo
- Edberg: A great idea to promote junior tennis
- A short hd video of Stefan Edberg on court
- The verdict on the future of our tennis: total darkness
- The Australian Open has a new logo! But it's just a joke...
- Australian Open set to change logo inspired by Stefan Edberg's serve
- Happy 15th birthday, STE...fans!
- Tennis Magazine, an unlikely ranking of the best grasscourt players
- Would you have liked Stefan dressed like this?
- Sweden, knock if you are there