Cash beat in five sets
MELBOURNE. Now somebody talks of metamorphosis. Stefan Edberg needed just one month to change skin. Beat by Pat Cash in Davis last December, Edberg took revenge beating him, in his own country, in the Australian Open final (6-3, 6-4, 3-6, 5-7, 6-3).
Against the latest Edberg Cash looked, as usual, fighting, but technically not equal to the task. So '87 opens with a success by the Swedish at his second win in Australia and with the negative performances by Lendl and Becker.
- Edberg nearly perfect, but Lendl is at his most
- Edberg beats Cash and the cramps
- An ill Slam
- The Australian Swedes opposed
- An unfounded reputation
- The last fight
- Stefan Edberg, last winner on grass
- Edberg wins in Australia and Sweden changes look
- Edberg & Navratilova win in a wild 1985 finale
- Boom-Boom's brother