Stefan Edberg was interviewed by Espndeportes.com and gave his view on the change at the top of the men's ranking, with Novak Djokovic being passed by Andy Murray at world number 1.
"It was a little surprising that Andy reached No. 1 by the end of the year, but he had a great season and was playing great tennis lately," he said on the Scot.
"However, Djokovic will not step aside. His reign as world number one was great and he had a great year as well. But it's normal to see new people challenging him for the first place," added Stefan.
- Edberg: "Swedish tennis is still behind"
- The verdict on the future of our tennis: total darkness
- The Australian Open has a new logo! But it's just a joke...
- Stefan Edberg at the 2016 Necker Cup
- Stefan Edberg in Florence for School of Economics event
- Australian Open set to change logo inspired by Stefan Edberg's serve
- Stefan Edberg about his Olympic Games in ITF publication
- When Federer and Edberg talked about retirement from tennis...