On March 8th in Jönköping, a Swedish town in the region of Småland two hours by car from Västervik, the local tennis club will celebrate the World Tennis Day with a Mini Challenger event that will field 24 teams of juniors aged 14-18, representing as many Swedish tennis clubs.
This sort of mini Davis Cup will be held in connection with the ATP Challenger tournament and will have Stefan Edberg as special guest, the website of the Swedish Tennis Federation reports.
Stefan will have a lecture about his two years as coach of Roger Federer and will be once more an inspiration for lots of Swedish kids playing tennis.
The prize for the winners of the competition will be a two-day tennis camp at the Ready Play Academy in Växjö, run by Stefan Edberg, Magnus Larsson and Carl-Axel Hageskog. (mc)
- Stefan Edberg at the Australian Open in 50 images
- Federer about Edberg and Ljubicic at "Game, Set and Mats"
- Federer: no specific work on defense after Edberg
- Congratulations Stefan, 50 years old!
- Federer: I still miss Stefan Edberg
- "50 good years in every way"
- Celebrate Stefan Edberg's 50th birthday with 50 great shots!
- Book on Swedish Greats to be translated in Italy