Date: Dec. 04th - 08th, 2013
Stefan Edberg will return to London in December to play in the Statoil Masters Tennis, an IMG event, at the Royal Albert Hall. Edberg will join Rafter, John McEnroe, Goran Ivanisevic and Tim Henman.
More info: Read here
Tickets: Purchase here
(from £12,50 to £99,50)
- Categories : 104
- Images : 2264
- Votes : 328
- Hits : 116679
from Zurich Open.net
The Tennis Legends Tournament BNP Paribas Zurich Open, which will take place 20–24 March 2012, is presenting two more crowd-pullers of the ATP Champions Tour with the Swede Stefan Edberg and the Australian Pat Cash.
Stefan Edberg in Zurich in 2010
The six-time Grand-Slam winner Stefan Edberg convincingly won the tournament at the premier of the BNP Paribas Zurich Open in 2010. Although the Swede was not able to participate last year due to an injury, the crowd favorite will again take part in March.
On the other hand, the Australian Pat Cash is going to participate in the tournament in the Zurich Saalsporthalle for the first time. Cash, who won Wimbledon in 1987 after beating Mats Wilander, Jimmy Connors and then Ivan Lendl in the final, played a crucial role in the two Australian victories in the Davis Cup (1983 and 1986, both against Sweden) and played memorable matches against Edberg during their active careers, for example, the final of the Australian Open in 1987, which Edberg was able to win after a hotly contested match lasting five sets.
As a result, the attractive field of eight at the third edition of the BNP Paribas Zurich Open is almost complete: In addition to Edberg and Cash, Jimmy Connors (USA), Tim Henman (GB), Henri Leconte (FRA), Marat Safin (RUS) and defending champion Mark Philippoussis (AUS) have signed up.
You can buy tickets for the event at this link.
- Statoil Masters, groups and schedule made!
- McEnroe vs Edberg in Stockholm final
- Leconte replaces injured Connors in Stockholm
- Kings of Tennis, Edberg in an all-Swedish group
- Wilander is the fourth 'King of Tennis'
- All is ready for the Kings of Tennis
- Tennis Classics will be held in St. Wendel
- Champions tennis is real tennis
- Edberg on the Court? Time Out of Mind
- The match nobody expected...
- Navratilova to join Edberg in Halle exhibition
- Edberg to play in Halle next June
- Tennis Classics postponed to 11 March
- Rich Hong Kong can't find money for its annual exho
- Ivanisevic back to winning ways against Stefan