Help our site grow!
Updated: 19 Jul 2020, 02:52
Link to us
"I felt like I was twenty years old again. Certainly I would have preferred to have won in '89, but I went back to that time and it was fantastic. I played like then. Only this way I could beat someone like Chang on clay..." - Stefan Edberg on his revenge against Michael Chang at the 1996 French Open. Read the article
Wednesday, 18 January 2012 20:19
We want to wish Stefan Edberg all the best for his 46th birthday with this video from 1995. Stefan celebrated his birthday in Australia, as most of the times during his professional career. After winning his 2nd round match against Adrian Voinea, he receives a cake and the wishes from the journalists in the press room and talks about his birthdays on court to Ubaldo Scanagatta. This report was recorded from the news magazine "Sport time" of the Italian sports tv Tele+2. Speech: Elena Pero, Edberg's voice: Mino Taveri, interview: Ubaldo Scanagatta, subtitles: Mauro Cappiello for STE...fans. Please, wish Stefan happy birthday in the comments!
Tags: birthday, australian open, 1995, 19 january, 29, adrian voinea, ubaldo scanagatta, elena pero, mino taveri, off court
Related news items:
- Edberg: "It was like the script for a movie"
- “If there’s anyone who can do it, it's Roger”
- Serve-and-volley tennis rises from the dust in Melbourne
- ATP corrects huge mistake in Stefan Edberg bio thanks to STE...fans
- Fans don't like the new Australian Open logo
Newer news items:
- STE...fans, your life has just begun!
- Edberg and Becker together again!
- The Top 10 Wimbledon Matches
- 1996, Edberg's last appearance at Foro Italico
- Special - Stefan's and Annette's anniversary
Older news items:
- Revolutionary new tennis centre taking shape
- Federer gets past Edberg in singles wins
- STE...fans backs Qureshi for Sportsmanship Award
- Jimbo's year (and Edberg's...)
- Remembering Stefan Edberg’s Last Hurrah