Date: Dec. 04th - 08th, 2013
Stefan Edberg will return to London in December to play in the Statoil Masters Tennis, an IMG event, at the Royal Albert Hall. Edberg will join Rafter, John McEnroe, Goran Ivanisevic and Tim Henman.
More info: Read here
Tickets: Purchase here
(from £12,50 to £99,50)
- Categories : 104
- Images : 2264
- Votes : 328
- Hits : 115877
Russian-Swedish duo defies Martina Navratilova and Michael Stich.
Anastasia Myskina with her 2004 French Open trophy
Former French Open champion and world number two, 30-year-old Russian Anastasia Myskina, completed the listing of the Champions Trophy at the Gerry Weber Open. She will replace injured Andrea Petkovic and play along aside Stefan Edberg in the mixed doubles against the other two legends Martina Navratilova and Michael Stich.
«We are very glad to have found such an attractive short-term replacement and strong partner for Stefan Edberg», said tournament director Ralf Weber. «Anastasia Myskina will be a proper substitute for Andrea Petkovic, since the Russian was undoubtedly one of the best tennis players in the world», says Halle tournament boss.
Nine years ago, Myskina was first listed among the top ten tennis players in the world and from then it went all the way up. Two years later, the right-handed was up to second in the WTA rankings - her highest -. She celebrated her biggest success in June 2004 when she won the final of the French Open. There Myskina defeated her compatriot Elena Dementieva confidently in two sets, and has since firmly established in the Grand Slam history.
In addition to her ten WTA singles victories, Myskina also proved a successful doubles player, and posted here also five title wins on the tour before announcing the end of her career in June 2007.
- Edberg: from dream to reality
- "Tell me, Stefan, tell me when..." - by Grit Steinweller -
- Champions once, champions forever
- The champions are still on fire
- Martina Navratilova/Michael Stich vs Anastasia Myskina/Stefan Edberg
- Halle 2012 - Where my dream came true
- Superstars inaugurated KTK's new grass courts
- In Halle, waiting for THE DAY
- Stefan Edberg to return to Grand Cayman
- World class in Manavgat, the Wilson Senior Open
- Tennis show from Edberg
- Stefan Edberg at the Wilson Senior Open
- Such a bad luck, Stefan... Again!
- Edberg continues winning run