Date: July 8th - 9th, 2013
Stefan Edberg and Anders Jarryd back together for a Legends Doubles tournament featuring four teams made up of great Swedes of the past that will take place in the first two days of the ATP event.
More info: Read here
Tickets: Buy here (285-425 sek - 33-50€ - 44-65$)
or call: +46-431-75075 or email: email@example.com
- Categories : 99
- Images : 2178
- Votes : 270
- Hits : 96879
from La Gazzetta dello Sport
translated into English by Mauro Cappiello
Today's Gazzetta dello Sport (Italian main daily sports paper) dedicates a short article to Stefan's last match at the Rome Masters.
(lu.mar.) On May 17 1996, the crowd at Foro Italico greets with particular emotion Stefan Edberg's last appearance in Rome. He is defeated in the quarter finals 6-3 6-3 by future Wimbledon champion Richard Krajicek. Edberg greets the 10.000 people bowing and stopping at the four corners of the court, and the crowd pays a very special tribute to the Swede. "To receive such a reaction in a foreign country is something amazing and extraordinary. I was expecting the applause, certainly not all this gratitude. When I was about to leave the court, I felt a strong shudder, I touched my arm and I had goose bumps". It is the farewell to Rome by one of the most admired champions of the '80s and '90s.
- Stefan wins on AFAS Tennis Classics debut
- Edberg beats Krajicek in Zurich
- What's actually doing... Stefan Edberg?
- "I suppose I'm a boring person"
- A class farewell
- Junior Peliwo completes Grand Slam finals poker
- Södra Climate Arena: all the details
- The Växjö tennis hall is open!
- STE...fans, your life has just begun!
- Edberg and Becker together again!
- Special - Stefan's and Annette's 20th anniversary
- Happy Birthday, Stefan!!!
- Revolutionary new tennis centre taking shape
- Federer gets past Edberg in singles wins
- STE...fans backs Qureshi for Sportsmanship Award