- Categories : 99
- Images : 2178
- Votes : 269
- Hits : 94790
Stefan Edberg during the Grand Cayman event of 2010
Stefan Edberg will return to the Cayman Islands for the Champions Series event he won in 2010. The tournament will take place from October 30th to November 3rd at the Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, and will also feature the presence of Martina Hingis. Murphy Jensen and Jimmy Arias will also return.
A major change for the 2012 Legends Tennis is the introduction of the ‘Celebrity Tennis Challenge’, a special exhibition event with celebrities like Richard Branson, founder of the Virgin Records Group, and golf player Greg Norman. Commenting on the addition, Sir Richard Branson said, “As a keen tennis player I’m looking forward to playing in the Legends Tennis and being on court with some of the greatest tennis players ever”.
The Grand Cayman Legends Championship has been a stage of the Champions Series Tour for four years since 2008. The first edition of the event was won in 2008 by Jim Courier, who doubled in 2009. Then, two years ago, Stefan won surprisingly defeating Marat Safin in the final at the Champions tie-break. Last year the tournament was won by Wayne Ferreira.
The Legends Tennis contributes to charity every year. In 2011 it donated over $25,000 worth of benefits to Cayman charities. These included over $10,000 to the Cayman Crisis Centre and over $12,000 worth of tennis equipment to the Tennis Federation of the Cayman Islands.
- Edberg triumphs at Grand Cayman
- Edberg dazzles in Legends debut
- Grand Cayman, here's the schedule
- Edberg wins Champions Series title in Grand Cayman
- Grand Cayman, Edberg wins and plays Safin for the title
- The champions are still on fire
- The show of the legends
- Halle 2012 - Where my dream came true
- Superstars inaugurated KTK's new grass courts
- In Halle, waiting for THE DAY
- Myskina replaces Petkovic in Halle Champions Trophy
- World class in Manavgat, the Wilson Senior Open
- Tennis show from Edberg
- Stefan Edberg at the Wilson Senior Open
- Such a bad luck, Stefan... Again!