In the latest edition of the Kings of Tennis he beat John McEnroe in the final and was crowned as the new king of the tournament. In March, Stefan Edberg will be back in Stockholm, ready to defend his title.
The former world number one and winner of six singles Grand Slam tournaments is the second tennis giant to be ready to play in next year's event, which, as always, is part of the ATP Champions Tour. Previously, Mats Wilander declared he will return to the Stockholm Waterfront Congress Centre to compete for the title.
Four more names will be presented in the next months for the tournament that will be played from March 11th to 14th.
Ticket sale will start next Monday, Oct. 21 on kingsoftennis.se. The tournament Facebook page announced a free-ticket competition that will be held shortly.
- Legends shine in Båstad
- Edberg: "Swedish tennis is still behind"
- The verdict on the future of our tennis: total darkness
- Sweden, knock if you are there
- Book on glory days of Swedish tennis is out in Italy
- All is set for the Kings of Tennis
- Eurosport will broadcast Kings of Tennis
- Kings of Tennis, the order of play is out!
- Ferreira replaces injured Edberg
- Statoil Masters, groups and schedule made!
- Edberg to play Royal Albert Hall Masters in London
- Stefan Edberg at the 2013 Necker Cup
- Superstars from different generations
- Legends Doubles features greatest field on Swedish soil
- Båstad spiced up with legends