Goran Ivanisevic and Pat Rafter will bring back memories of their classic 2001 Wimbledon final after being drawn together in the round-robin stages of the Statoil Masters Tennis, an IMG event, at the Royal Albert Hall, 4th-8th December.
In an official launch party at the Grosvenor House Appartments by Jumeirah, the full order of play for the week was revealed, with John McEnroe scheduled to face two-time French Open champion Sergi Bruguera on Thursday evening, and then former World No.1 Mats Wilander on Friday night.
McEnroe leads the Legends tournament, with Stefan Edberg, Henri Leconte and Jeremy Bates also taking part. In the ATP Champions Tour event, Rafter and Ivanisevic have been drawn with Greg Rusedski, and Tim Henman, Mark Philippoussis and Fabrice Santoro feature in the other group.
Henman, Rusedski, Philippoussis and the ever-popular Mansour Bahrami will star in a Grand Opening Night with a percentage of hospitality sales going to Best Beginnings, the child health charity.
The singles players at the Statoil Masters Tennis have won 25 Grand Slam singles titles between them, four of them have reached No.1 in the world, and eight of them have been on Davis Cup winning teams.
- Book on history of Swedish tennis available in English
- Legends shine in Båstad
- Edberg: A great idea to promote junior tennis
- Tennis Magazine, an unlikely ranking of the best grasscourt players
- Sweden, knock if you are there
- Inspired Edberg begins Stockholm title defence in style
- All is set for the Kings of Tennis
- Eurosport will broadcast Kings of Tennis
- Kings of Tennis, the order of play is out!
- Ferreira replaces injured Edberg
- Stefan Edberg will defend Kings of Tennis title!
- Edberg to play Royal Albert Hall Masters in London
- Stefan Edberg at the 2013 Necker Cup
- Superstars from different generations
- Legends Doubles features greatest field on Swedish soil