Stefan Edberg and Roger Federer practicing in Rome (picture contributed by Chiara Penso)
In his last media conference in Rome, after his second round loss against Jeremy Chardy, Roger Federer was asked by the journalists about his partnership with Stefan Edberg and the reasons that led him to choose the Swede as part of his technical team. Here's what he replied.
Can you say something about your cooperation with Stefan Edberg?
«I am enjoying the time I spend with him, the chat we have about tennis and life. It’s really crucial what he tells me about tennis and my game, what he thinks I should do in general.»
«He has been my idol, everybody knows that, since I play tennis. It’s a very inspiring person for me, and when I was thinking to add someone to the team I thought to somebody special in particular and ask Stefan what he thought.»
- Stefan Edberg & Tony Pickard Mr Class and his teacher
- "Federer should skip the claycourt season," says former coach Edberg
- "Federer is exceptional, but tennis needs a new name too"
- "I am a happy person"
- Federer criticizes young players: "I wish they volleyed more"
- «Federer can still win a Major»
- The day Stefan Edberg said "yes"...
- Stefan is in Paris for the Roland Garros!
- Edberg: «Federer needs to use his weapons»
- Federer and Edberg seen through Google Glass
- Edberg in Rome with Federer!
- «Stefan, you could train Roger Federer...»
- Federer: «When I'm with Edberg, it seems unreal...»
- Wilander: «Roger, can you please stop helping Edberg?»
- Federer: "People overestimate Edberg's influence"