by Mauro Cappiello
A group picture of the Ready Play Tennis Academy. Christopher Edberg is the first on knees from the left, wearing an Adidas black sweatshirt
Christopher Edberg, Stefan's son, has qualified for the Summer Tour (Sommartouren), a junior competition that will be held from June 19th to 22nd in Båstad. Stefan, who played himself the event in his junior days, was on site to support him.
Christopher is a member of Ready Play Tennis Club, the academy run by Edberg, Larsson and Hageskog in Växjö. Although Stefan always stated his son is not intentioned in starting a professional tennis career, Christopher's results have "substantially progressed over the past few years," according to Summer Tour director Ulf Samuelsson.
Currently Christopher Edberg, who plays a two-handed backhand and, in Stefan's words, has got a much better forehand than his father's, stands at number 17 in his age category in Sweden, in the last junior ranking published by the Swedish Tennis Federation.
The top seed in the Summer Tour main draw is Filip Bergevi, the 20-year-old who played doubles with Stefan Edberg in the 2012 edition of the Zurich Champions event.
- Book on history of Swedish tennis available in English
- Edberg and Järryd defeated in Båstad doubles exhibition
- Legends shine in Båstad
- Edberg: "Swedish tennis is still behind"
- Book on glory days of Swedish tennis is out in Italy
- Stefan Edberg enters the Rogers Cup Hall of Fame
- Stefan Edberg, Don Goodwin into Rogers Cup HoF
- Stefan Edberg presents a very special trophy...
- STE...fans grows up, becomes teen-ager!
- Post-Borg era, Swedish tennis influence is off the court
- ATP World Tour Uncovered on Edberg and Wilander
- Växjö becomes the first tennis university in Sweden
- Swedish greats, Edberg better than Wilander
- Edberg backs Robson over decision to cut ties with coach
- Modern technology makes entry in Växjö tennis