Help our site grow!
Updated: 19 Jul 2020, 02:52
Link to us
"Nobody does it these days, so there is hardly any variation in the style of play. I would love to see players serve & volley more. It's a very sad aspect of the game that the art has vanished" - Stefan Edberg on the disappearing of attacking play style. Read the article
Wednesday, 18 June 2014 16:49
Stefan Edberg and Roger Federer are already in Wimbledon, five days before the tournament starts! Today, the short clip below was published on the official Instagram account of the Championships. Roger and Stefan are hitting with former champion, Australian Lleyton Hewitt.
It's clear that Roger and his staff wanted more time to adjust to the grass courts of SW19 that have notoriously a higher and more regular rebound compared to the ones in Halle, where Federer played and won his only warm-up tournament.
Related news items:
- Stefan Edberg & Tony Pickard Mr Class and his teacher
- Edberg and Navratilova test the 2018 Wimbledon courts
- "Federer should skip the claycourt season," says former coach Edberg
- "Federer is exceptional, but tennis needs a new name too"
- "I am a happy person"
Newer news items:
- Becker: "Edberg is an incentive for Federer"
- Edberg’s coaching proves to be of net benefit to Federer
- Shooting from the lip
- An interview with Stefan Edberg
- "Stefan was not surprised, he was shocked!"
Older news items:
- Halle, Federer wins second title with Edberg
- Stefan Edberg: Serve&volley tennis is a suicide today
- «Retirement? Should he ask me I'd say: "Keep playing"»
- «Federer can still win a Major»
- The day Stefan Edberg said "yes"...