Following up on the backhand comparison between Stefan Edberg and Roger Federer, here's a frame-by-frame sequence of how they hit that shot.
The analysis considers a top-spin backhand from the baseline and, in the details below, focuses on the respective positions of head and shoulders, grip and racquet head.
Please, write technical comments, if you wish.
You can have a bigger view of the sequence clicking on the image. (m.c.)
- Federer criticizes young players: "I wish they volleyed more"
- Edberg to BBC: "Federer is the greatest in my eyes"
- Greatest tennis player: Edberg wins ‘best backhand’ poll
- Edberg: "No one thought Federer and Nadal would be here today"
- Stefan in Federer's box at Wimbledon
- The elegant lessons of Edberg's style of play
- Tennis keys - Forehand / backbeat attack / backhand volley
- Tips from the top - Backhand volley
- Stefan Edberg's serve
- Edberg: the ace of second serve