Following up on the backhand comparison between Stefan Edberg and Roger Federer, here's a frame-by-frame sequence of how they hit that shot.
The analysis considers a top-spin backhand from the baseline and, in the details below, focuses on the respective positions of head and shoulders, grip and racquet head.
Please, write technical comments, if you wish.
You can have a bigger view of the sequence clicking on the image. (m.c.)
- Stefan Edberg & Tony Pickard Mr Class and his teacher
- "Federer should skip the claycourt season," says former coach Edberg
- "Federer is exceptional, but tennis needs a new name too"
- "I am a happy person"
- Federer criticizes young players: "I wish they volleyed more"
- The elegant lessons of Edberg's style of play
- Tennis keys - Forehand / backbeat attack / backhand volley
- Tips from the top - Backhand volley
- Stefan Edberg's serve
- Edberg: the ace of second serve