Following up on the backhand comparison between Stefan Edberg and Roger Federer, here's a frame-by-frame sequence of how they hit that shot.
The analysis considers a top-spin backhand from the baseline and, in the details below, focuses on the respective positions of head and shoulders, grip and racquet head.
Please, write technical comments, if you wish.
You can have a bigger view of the sequence clicking on the image. (m.c.)
- Edberg: "It was like the script for a movie"
- “If there’s anyone who can do it, it's Roger”
- Serve-and-volley tennis rises from the dust in Melbourne
- Federer has no more doubts on his real tennis idol
- Edberg: "Swedish tennis is still behind"
- The elegant lessons of Edberg's style of play
- Tennis keys - Forehand / backbeat attack / backhand volley
- Tips from the top - Backhand volley
- Stefan Edberg's serve
- Edberg: the ace of second serve