by Mauro Cappiello
The rain forced the organizers to postpone Stefan Edberg's induction into the Rogers Cup Tennis Hall of Fame until tonight, before Roger Federer's second round match, but Stefan was nevertheless a protagonist yesterday in Toronto.
For the first time since the start of their partnership, he and Roger Federer publicly talked together about how it all started. That happened during a special Questions & Answers organized by Tennis Canada at the Masters 1000 event that is being held at the Rexall Centre.
In this video shared by the ATP World Tour Youtube channel, Roger Federer answers some questions by the kids and describes Edberg as his childhood idol, after a short infatuation for Boris Becker. Then he is joined by Stefan himself...
And here's the footage from a fan who attended the Q&A. Scarlett Li filmed all the fan interview from the crowd, except the time when she herself held the microphone and asked Roger Federer her question...
- Stefan Edberg & Tony Pickard Mr Class and his teacher
- "Federer should skip the claycourt season," says former coach Edberg
- "Federer is exceptional, but tennis needs a new name too"
- "I am a happy person"
- Federer criticizes young players: "I wish they volleyed more"
- Federer misses easy match point, Edberg not too happy...
- "Roger Federer can win the Davis Cup"
- Rogers Cup HoF - Edberg's speech, Federer's message
- Davis Cup has been good for Federer, says Edberg
- Toronto media conference with Stefan Edberg
- Early images of Toronto practice
- Edberg: My backhand was better than Federer’s
- Wilander vs McEnroe: opposite views on Federer's future
- «Four Wimbledon champs in the same locker room...»
- Becker: Top Stars Must Learn from Greats