FLORENCE. Before the exhibition with Lendl at the Florence Palasport, John McEnroe told a piece of his future. "For a certain time I've been a husband and a father", said McEnroe. "Now I want to be the best tennis player in the world again."
"Edberg? He beat Lendl, but if he becomes number one in the world I would be really amazed. Edberg lacks personality." Eighty thousand dollars in fine, that's what McEnroe got for his last disqualification: "I think it harmed me and all the world of tennis." He concluded saying: "I'll play two more seasons. I'm happy when they compare me to Connors."
- Stefan Edberg's speech at European School of Economics event in Florence
- Stefan Edberg in Florence for School of Economics event
- Tennis Magazine, an unlikely ranking of the best grasscourt players
- US Open favourite, Mats and Mac disagree (again!)
- Wilander vs McEnroe: opposite views on Federer's future
- Stefan's desert
- Edberg accuses women's tennis
- "Women's tennis of poor quality"
- Canè: "He was nervous"
- The coolest champion
- Edberg Overcomes Lendl at Tokyo
- Heads up!
- Edberg beats McEnroe for 1st time, wins 3rd title
- Edberg Wins Stockholm Open Title
- "Becker puts a little more pressure than the others"