by Mauro Cappiello
We suddenly realized that our Facebook page cover image is a bit outdated, but, since we have little time to make a new one and we know that surely there are many creative fans out there, we would like to give you the chance to do it for us.
If you have got some free time for us, if you have got computer graphics skills and, last but not least, if you are a real and motivated Stefan Edberg fan, you can help our page, creating our new Facebook cover image. We will watermark the picture to give you full credit and our 37,000 fans will see your work as our header for the next two months!
In this post we want to give you some info, instructions and advice that you should follow to create the image.
1. Needless to say, the picture should be based on a Stefan Edberg theme. You can take inspiration from his career, from his post-career, from his off-court life, from his duo with Roger Federer or... combine all of these!
2. You should meet the standards set by the new Facebook page format: create a .jpg or .png image of 851x315 px. Make sure to consider the space that should be occupied by our Facebook picture (180x180 px), by our STE...fans logo, url and credits.
3. Have a look at our Facebook cover album» to have an idea of our past cover images. Please, consider that, since the format update of a few months ago, the lower part of the picture is occupied by the page name and the "Like", "Following" and "Message" buttons that overlap the image, as shown below:
4. Here are some tools and resources you can use or be inspired from in your creation:
- Create your fan page cover online» (upload and edit your picture, save it to your computer and then send it to us);
- Download a .psd template that you can edit» (only if you are quite good with Photoshop!);
- 40 brilliant examples of Facebook timeline covers» (something to get inspired...);
- Stefan Edberg pictures you can use from Getty Images» (hover each image and select "Embed this image" to access the picture without watermark);
- Big size pictures of Stefan Edberg from Google».
5. Once your work is complete, you can email it to us, attaching it to our contact form and selecting the option "Contribution to the site" in the drop down menu. You can send your picture straight to our Facebook page as well, as a private message or tagging us in your picture.
Now it's up to you! Be creative and enjoy your work!
- Swedish Golden Age - Stefan Edberg
- Tennis' version of Santas and superstars
- Henman: "Federer's volley improved with Edberg"
- Swedish Golden Age - Mats Wilander
- Edberg's sweet revenge - by Alessio Morra
- The titans of tennis
- Djokovic Reveals Why He Named His Baby ‘Stefan’
- What's the best sportsmanship moment of the year?
- Basel, where Stefan was the king
- Stefan Edberg under X-rays, with "La Gazzetta"
- Stefan Edberg to present Australian Open trophy
- When Sweden ruled the tennis world...
- "Edberg 86" reissued. Vote your favourite model!
- US Open, Stefan Edberg's 8 memorable matches
- Exclusive gallery of the Rogers Cup HoF induction