Sadly Stefan Edberg's and Roger Federer's Australian adventure came to an end much earlier than expected, as the Swiss was surprisingly stopped in the third round of the Australian Open by Italian Andreas Seppi failing to reach the event's second week for the first time since 2001.
While Roger will now take a break, as announced before the start of the tournament, going for a vacation with his family before the start of the North American hardcourt swing, Stefan will have to remain in Australia until February 1st, when he will present the trophy at the men's final ceremony.
Below you can see some high definition pictures and a video of Edberg's and Federer's last hitting session in Melbourne, just before the match against Seppi, plus some takes of Stefan in the crowd watching Roger play. All those pictures and the video were sent exclusively to our website by Australian fan Joanne Cox, who confessed being "absolutely devastated" after Roger's defeat, as we imagine many of you will be as well.
Thanking her for her fantastic work from Down Under, we also invite you to have a look at her previous contributions:
Stefan Edberg returns to Melbourne»
Exclusive images of Edberg and Federer hitting»
Team Fedberg: more pictures and an HD video»
Follow Joanne Cox on Twitter»
- Stefan Edberg & Tony Pickard Mr Class and his teacher
- "Federer should skip the claycourt season," says former coach Edberg
- "Federer is exceptional, but tennis needs a new name too"
- "I am a happy person"
- Federer criticizes young players: "I wish they volleyed more"
- Rusedski: 3 reasons why Federer is the GOAT
- Dubai & Edberg celebrate Federer's 7th title
- "No Becker-effect for Djokovic," Murray says
- "Federer needs to play more aggressively"
- Navratilova vs Courier on why Federer lost
- "A brilliant third set against Bolelli"
- Team Fedberg: more pictures and an HD video
- Exclusive images of Edberg and Federer hitting
- Federer's birthday gift to Edberg
- Stefan Edberg returns to Melbourne