by Mauro Cappiello
Two pictures taken by a fan with Stefan Edberg and Roger Federer, and shared on the Twitter account @camerlengo73 yesterday, seem to prove that the duo are currently together in Zurich, preparing the claycourt swing.
As we are well beyond the start of April, this also means that the partnership has gone past the ten week mark set by Roger Federer at the beginning of the year in Australia and will probably reach the end of 2015, on the lines of what happened last year.
After a very intense 2014, that helped Roger find the right feeling with the new coach and adjust his game to Edberg's tips, the Swiss now requires a less demanding commitment by Stefan, as we have noticed in the early months of this season, when they only appeared together in Melbourne.
Still, we hope to see the pair again reunited for the claycourt events that lead up to the Roland Garros. Next up is Monte Carlo (April 13th - 19th), then Istanbul (April 27th - May 3rd) and Madrid (May 4th - 10th).
Federer recently communicated he is still uncertain about his presence at the Rome Masters, the last 1,000 event before the French Open.
- Stefan Edberg & Tony Pickard Mr Class and his teacher
- "Federer should skip the claycourt season," says former coach Edberg
- "Federer is exceptional, but tennis needs a new name too"
- "I am a happy person"
- Federer criticizes young players: "I wish they volleyed more"
- Edberg and Federer reunited at Roland Garros
- Federer: farewell tour an ordeal for Stefan Edberg
- Roger Federer: "I still have that fire"
- Federer: "I will analyse with Edberg"
- Stefan Edberg back to Monte Carlo
- Federer explains why he wasn't joined by Edberg in IW
- Federer at 33: “My goal was always to play for long time”
- Rusedski: 3 reasons why Federer is the GOAT
- Dubai & Edberg celebrate Federer's 7th title
- "No Becker-effect for Djokovic," Murray says