ITF Irish coach Rob Cherry has shared through his website a video analysis of Roger Federer's and Stefan Edberg's footwork when they go to the net following their serves.
The video considers two points of Federer's 2015 Brisbane final against Milos Raonic and a point of Stefan Edberg's famous Wimbledon 1990 final against Boris Becker.
The clip highlights the similarities in the use of feet by both players to boost the action and take position towards the net, in perfect timing with the opponent's movements.
- "Federer should skip the claycourt season," says former coach Edberg
- "Federer is exceptional, but tennis needs a new name too"
- "I am a happy person"
- Federer criticizes young players: "I wish they volleyed more"
- Edberg to BBC: "Federer is the greatest in my eyes"
- Stefan Edberg's and Roger Federer's backhands compared
- The elegant lessons of Edberg's style of play
- Tennis keys - Forehand / backbeat attack / backhand volley
- Tips from the top - Backhand volley
- Stefan Edberg's serve