After Roger Federer's defeat against his countryman Stan Wawrinka in the French Open quarter final, coach Stefan Edberg analyzed the match for CNN.com.
Stefan noticed a difference of conditions between the two main courts at the Roland Garros that, in his opinion, didn't help the Swiss in the end.
"Stan played a great match, no question, - said Edberg. - Roger maybe didn't come up to his full standard today. The thing is, it's two different courts, the Center Court and Lenglen. (Lenglen) is a much slower court. It makes it different playing there." (mc)
- Stefan Edberg & Tony Pickard Mr Class and his teacher
- "Federer should skip the claycourt season," says former coach Edberg
- "Federer is exceptional, but tennis needs a new name too"
- "I am a happy person"
- Federer criticizes young players: "I wish they volleyed more"
- Edberg: "I see myself in Federer So I agreed to coach him"
- Federer Reflects On Sampras, Edberg Influence
- Edberg: "Being Federer's idol speaks for his taste"
- Edberg bets: Federer can do it!
- Team Fedberg already at work at Wimbledon
- Federer has the best volley today. But Edberg...
- SVT Sports meets Federer and Edberg
- Federer eases through first round
- Federer: I need Stefan's input from time to time
- French Open, good draw for Federer