In a packed O2 Arena, Roger Federer started his run at the ATP World Tour Finals yesterday night, defeating Czech Tomas Berdych in straight sets with the score of 6-4, 6-2.
Right after the match, his coach Stefan Edberg was called to join him at the centre of the court for a short ceremony at the presence of ATP World Tour CEO Chris Kermode, in which the Swiss was delivered the Stefan Edberg Sportsmanship Award for the 11th time and the Fans' Favourite Award for his 13th successive time.
In case you missed the event, we have a complete photo-gallery for you and an early video available on Youtube!
- Edberg: "It was like the script for a movie"
- “If there’s anyone who can do it, it's Roger”
- Serve-and-volley tennis rises from the dust in Melbourne
- Federer has no more doubts on his real tennis idol
- Edberg: A great idea to promote junior tennis
- From Fedberg to Ljuberer: Thoughts on Federer's coaching shift
- Federer wanted Edberg to stay!
- Who Should Stefan Edberg Coach Next?
- Edberg: never planned to go beyond 2015
- Edberg & Federer, end of the partnership
- Federer celebrates 11th Sportsmanship Award with... Edberg
- What if Roger had chosen Edberg before...
- Edberg: Federer is aging like fine wine
- Can a mental coach help Roger Federer evolve his game further?
- Edberg: "The final decided by two points"