Former Wimbledon referee and supervisor Alan Mills officially retired from tennis this month, with a ceremony at the Royal Albert Hall during the London stage of the ATP Champions Tour.
On that occasion, he was a special guest of The Tennis Podcast for their final release of 2015.
Presenter David Law asked him to single out a player that impressed him the most throughout his long journey in the world of tennis. Mr Mills chose Rod Laver as a player to watch and Stefan Edberg and Pat Rafter for their attitude.
In particular, he wanted to recall an episode concerning Stefan, happened 25 years ago in Miami, that once again reminds us all of how great a sportsman the Swede is.
Listen to his tale in this excerpt of the podcast. (mc)
- Stefan Edberg's speech at European School of Economics event in Florence
- Edberg: "Swedish tennis is still behind"
- Stefan Edberg in Florence for School of Economics event
- The night of the Federer Awards
- What's the best sportsmanship moment of the year?
- "50 good years in every way"
- Celebrate Stefan Edberg's 50th birthday with 50 great shots!
- Book on Swedish Greats to be translated in Italy
- A triple wish for the new year
- Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree with the Tennis Legends
- Edberg Honoured In London
- Playsight workshop at Södra Climate Arena
- Becker: I was sleeping during Wimbledon 1990 final
- Elias Ymer will train with Federer thanks to Edberg
- STE...fans turns 14 with 50,000 Facebook likes