by Mauro Cappiello
"När vi var bäst"
by Mats Holm and Ulf Roosvald
Offside - pp. 276, kr225 (€26 - US$33)
"När vi var bäst", the book on the Golden Age of Swedish tennis published in October 2014, will be translated into Italian.
The news was given us by Ulf Roosvald, author with Mats Holm of the volume that was widely appreciated by critics and became a best seller in few months in Sweden.
The Italian version will be edited by Add Editore, an independent publishing house born in Turin in 2010.
So Italy will be the first country (and we hope not the only one) to read the work translated with the title "Game, set, match. Borg, Edberg e Wilander, la Svezia del grande tennis". It will be available in bookshops from the end of next May.
In December 2014, thanks to Kontext Agency who owns the rights of the book in Sweden, we had anticipated the English version of three chapters of this work, that explains how a country with little more than 8 million inhabitants, following Björn Borg's footsteps, was able to become the leading tennis nation in the '80s and '90s, with so many good players that neither a top ten like Joakim Nyström was sure to be included in the Davis Cup name list.
The book by Holm and Roosvald, full of behind-the-scenes and statements by protagonists of that era, obviously dedicates large space to Stefan Edberg's life and career, as well.
We will share more updates on the news in the days and months to come.
- Book on history of Swedish tennis available in English
- Edberg and Järryd defeated in Båstad doubles exhibition
- Legends shine in Båstad
- Edberg: "Swedish tennis is still behind"
- Stefan Edberg about his Olympic Games in ITF publication
- Stefan Edberg to speak to juniors about years with Federer
- Stefan Edberg at the Australian Open in 50 images
- Congratulations Stefan, 50 years old!
- "50 good years in every way"
- Celebrate Stefan Edberg's 50th birthday with 50 great shots!
- A triple wish for the new year
- Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree with the Tennis Legends
- Alan Mills pays tribute to Stefan Edberg's sportsmanship
- Edberg Honoured In London
- Playsight workshop at Södra Climate Arena