For his 50th birthday, Stefan Edberg was reached on the phone by Johanna Jonsson, a contributor of the Swedish Tennis Federation website, who asked him how he spent this special day.
"I'm at home right now, but there will be no big party today. There was a little surprise after midnight here and I was celebrated by friends and acquaintances.”
The journalist also asked him to make an assessment of his life so far: "A lot has happened during these 50 years, - replied Stefan. - Looking back, I've had 50 good years in every way and above all I have experienced a lot of tennis. I have been with my wife for 30 years and feel healthy. I am absolutely satisfied and have nothing to complain about."
Stefan confirmed that he will spend his near future in Sweden, working for Swedish tennis and focusing on the young players. "My tennis activities are based in Växjö at the Ready Play Academy along with Calle (Hageskog) and Magnus (Larsson). During the year, we will work with Tennis Syd (an association for the development of tennis in Southern Sweden depending on the Swedish Tennis Federation, ann.) and hope that many will join the tennis university next fall. I will stay at home and will play tennis and train the youngsters." (mc)
- Congratulations Stefan, 50 years old!
- Federer: I still miss Stefan Edberg
- Federer's birthday gift to Edberg
- Our very special birthday wish to Stefan
- Happy birthday, Stefan!!!
- Michael Llodra: the day Edberg said he liked my game…
- Edberg inspires juniors at Jönköping mini-challenger
- Swedish tennis in 1988: "Absolutely fantastic"
- Stefan Edberg to speak to juniors about years with Federer
- Stefan Edberg at the Australian Open in 50 images
- Celebrate Stefan Edberg's 50th birthday with 50 great shots!
- Book on Swedish Greats to be translated in Italy
- A triple wish for the new year
- Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree with the Tennis Legends
- Alan Mills pays tribute to Stefan Edberg's sportsmanship