The star of the event was Stefan Edberg, who was invited by the tournament organization to inspire the juniors with a lecture about his tennis career and his recent coaching experience with Roger Federer.
An audience of 120 young Swedish players had the great opportunity to hear his words and ask him questions.
Magnus Larsson, Stefan Edberg's partner in the Ready Play Tennis Academy in Växjö, was also there, along with Davis Cup captain Fredrik Rosengren, Fed Cup captain Lars-Anders Wahlgren and Elias Ymer, currently the top ranked player from Sweden and the home star of the challenger event.
After the mini-challenger tournament, whose champion won a 15,000 SEK training camp at the Ready Play Tennis Academy, Stefan Edberg met the local media.
Here are some videos and pictures of the event.
Follow the RC Hotel Open live stream»
- Book on history of Swedish tennis available in English
- Edberg and Järryd defeated in Båstad doubles exhibition
- Legends shine in Båstad
- Edberg: "Swedish tennis is still behind"
- Book on glory days of Swedish tennis is out in Italy
- Tennis Magazine, an unlikely ranking of the best grasscourt players
- Would you have liked Stefan dressed like this?
- Sweden, knock if you are there
- Edberg about technology in tennis at San Francisco summit
- Michael Llodra: the day Edberg said he liked my game…
- Swedish tennis in 1988: "Absolutely fantastic"
- Stefan Edberg to speak to juniors about years with Federer
- Stefan Edberg at the Australian Open in 50 images
- Congratulations Stefan, 50 years old!
- "50 good years in every way"