Stefan Edberg came back to Roger Federer's box today to watch the Swiss move to the quarter finals at Wimbledon with an easy straight-set win over American Steve Johnson.
Last year after the end of their partnership, Stefan had said he would always feel part of Federer's team and would come and visit him sometimes during the season.
With his former pupil plagued by injuries and only playing today his 26th match of 2016, there would be no better occasion for Stefan's appearance than the Championships. So Stefan sat beside Roger's mother Lynette and watched him start the second week of his chase to a record eighth Wimbledon crown and 18th Major title.
Novak Djokovic, who beat Federer in the last two Wimbledon finals, is already out of the tournament.
His defeat in the third round by Sam Querrey ended the Serb's hopes of completing a Grand Slam this year and left Federer as the clear favourite in the top half of the draw.
The Maestro has a great chance to reach an incredible 11th final at SW19, probably against 2nd seed, Britain's Andy Murray, the player he beat when he won his last Wimbledon title four years ago.
Below, all the best pictures, screenshots and a clip of Stefan in Federer's box.
In a media conference before today's match, Federer had cited Edberg among the "right people at the right time" during his career.
- Edberg: "It was like the script for a movie"
- “If there’s anyone who can do it, it's Roger”
- Serve-and-volley tennis rises from the dust in Melbourne
- Federer has no more doubts on his real tennis idol
- Edberg: "Swedish tennis is still behind"
- When Federer and Edberg talked about retirement from tennis...
- Federer, amazing comeback before Edberg's eyes
- Federer: Edberg is not coaching me again
- Federer: "I had a more global relationship with Edberg"
- Federer about Edberg and Ljubicic at "Game, Set and Mats"
- Federer: no specific work on defense after Edberg
- Federer: I still miss Stefan Edberg
- Vote your best Fedberg moment