Interviewed in London
LONDON. Stefan Edberg against women tennis players: "Women play in a deadly boring way and, given their quality level, they are also paid too much". The Swedish tennis player states it in an interview published yesterday on London's woman weekly "Woman's own".
"Not only I think - continued Edberg - that the number 100 in the men's ranking would beat Steffi Graf. I think that even the number 5000 would gulp her down. The top eight in the world ranking are not bad, in their category I mean, but the others do nothing than hit balls. And get too much money to do it, too much".
Edberg then concluded: "Women's circuit is just a parasite of men's tour, everybody knows that the crowd pay to see us men. Our tournaments are more exciting and engaging and last longer than just half an hour".
- Edberg and Navratilova test the 2018 Wimbledon courts
- Federer criticizes young players: "I wish they volleyed more"
- Edberg to BBC: "Federer is the greatest in my eyes"
- Edberg: "No one thought Federer and Nadal would be here today"
- Stefan in Federer's box at Wimbledon
- Stefanello's fall
- Edberg soon number one?
- Agassi finds place in sun, dominates Edberg
- Edberg Silences Agassi With a Touch of Class
- Stefan's desert
- "Women's tennis of poor quality"
- Canè: "He was nervous"
- The coolest champion
- McEnroe: "I don't believe in Edberg"
- Edberg Overcomes Lendl at Tokyo