Double disappointment for his female fans, in and off the court.
Since he decided to get married, he's no longer been number one. There's no evidence that marriage harms to tennis players, but it's a matter of fact that Stefan Edberg has started one of his worst moments right after his announcement to build up family with blonde same-aged, 25, Annette Olsen, living with him since her split from Mats Wilander, also a former tennis number one and now a rock musician.
The marriage was celebrated last Saturday in Vaxio, Annette's native town, without trumpeting, in Edberg's style. Since January, date of the announcement, the tennis star has been accompanied in tournaments all around the world by stripes and flags, imploring him not to do it.
"I'll get married and then come back" - he promised. But who knows if we'll ever see the first Edberg again.
- Stefan Edberg about his Olympic Games in ITF publication
- Playsight workshop at Södra Climate Arena
- Monitoring Confirms Efficiency Of Edberg’s Arena
- When Sweden ruled the tennis world...
- Växjö becomes the first tennis university in Sweden
- Bruguera will play against Edberg his third consecutive final
- Edberg supports drug testing
- Edberg Gets Winning Sendoff for Open
- The great final
- Stefan Edberg: from a cocoon to a butterfly