from Triathlete Magazine
September 14, 2005 -- Press release: Stefan Edberg, former tennis superstar and member in the Tennis Hall of Fame, has decided to invest money in a new project which makes it possible to produce fully reflective cycle helmets.
Many lives have already been saved and injuries are avoided because of cycle helmets.
To be visible in the dusk to dawn hours will save even more. This is what Stefan Edberg found so important that he invested money in this project.
The technology was invented, developed and patented worldwide by the Swedish company Headlight AB.
When Stefan Edberg returned from London to Sweden three years ago he was showered of proposals for different business projects.
“Headlight was interesting because it was a development of a unique product with a great potential.”
Kuji Sports Co. Ltd has the rights to this technology in North America and is introducing a new line of in-mould reflective helmets under the Reflectek brand.
The patented process used in Reflectek makes the helmets reflect any light source up to 200 yards away. The technology gives riders the highest level of helmet safety available today. Kuji Sports Co. Ltd is offering several in mold helmet platforms using Reflectek technology including a new line of IRONMAN helmets for the upcoming 2006 season. Each helmet platform will be on display at booth number 5381 during Interbike September 28th – 30th.
- Game, set and cash to Edberg
- Stefan Edberg interviewed by Bloomberg
- Double-fault hits Edberg's investment play
- I baksätet med Stefan Edberg (In the back seat with Stefan Edberg)
- «I didn’t really lose much money»
- Ex-tennis star nets a fortune
- Stefan Edberg: why I swapped tennis for finance
- Stefan Edberg: "This is how I got rich with shares"
- Much money takes much time
- Stefan Edberg discloses his stock exchange aces