Former tennis star Stefan Edberg, 40, has changed sport to squash. On Tuesday evening, Edberg did debut in the top division with his Växjö and lost against Malmö's Alexander Ovendal.
Edberg played well at the start but after 5-11, 5-11 he got tired in the third set as experienced Ovendal won with 11-2.
"I had fun, but I got a little frustrated when I got tired and my tecnique didn't work", said a weary Edberg to TV4.
At the end, Malmö won the away game against Växjö 3-1.
Stefan Edberg won 42 single titles on the tennis tour.
- Chatting with the great Stefan Edberg
- Edberg supports squash Olympic bid
- Revenge for Stefan Edberg
- Swedish Open 2003 - Stefan Edberg Squashes Kneipp
- In Europe's greenest city, even its power plant smells more like a sauna
- Stefan Edberg reinaugurated Tennis Museum
- Big Winner's Defining Loss
- Stefan Edberg wanted to prohibit traffic in Växjö
- Happy birthday, Stefan!!!
- Vote for Edberg as "Smoothest US Open Champion"
- J. Björkman interview in Wimbledon
- Stefan Edberg at the Roland Garros
- No strings attached
- Michael Chamberlin: a party at Stefan Edberg's place