Translation from Sportal.se
by Lennart Törnblad
(10.09.2007) It was a new chapter in tennis history that was written tonight when Roger Federer overcame his bit slurry concentration to reach twelve Gran Slam titles and a series of four straight US Opens. He equalled thereby the Australian Roy Emerson and is only three titles away from passing Pete Sampras at fourteen.
"If he can hold motivations, I believe he will pass Sampras within two years. His highest level is twenty percent higher than anybody else. And it's enough also when he plays even in such a fantastic way", said Stefan Edberg who won US Open singles in 1991 and 1992 and the doubles along with Anders Järryd in 1987.
- Stefan Edberg & Tony Pickard Mr Class and his teacher
- "Federer should skip the claycourt season," says former coach Edberg
- "Federer is exceptional, but tennis needs a new name too"
- "I am a happy person"
- Federer criticizes young players: "I wish they volleyed more"
- A gift from all the fans to Stefan
- Fox Tales: My Conversation With Tony Pickard
- Happy birthday, Stefan!
- Trust Edberg's advise in finance!
- Edberg Foundation funds assigned
- Edberg played tennis on the roof of Scandinavium
- Tennis world welcomes Serbian cut-up
- Edberg critical on Björkman's outburst
- In Europe's greenest city, even its power plant smells more like a sauna
- Stefan Edberg reinaugurated Tennis Museum