Date: Dec. 04th - 08th, 2013
Stefan Edberg will return to London in December to play in the Statoil Masters Tennis, an IMG event, at the Royal Albert Hall. Edberg will join Rafter, John McEnroe, Goran Ivanisevic and Tim Henman.
More info: Read here
Tickets: Purchase here
(from £12,50 to £99,50)
- Categories : 104
- Images : 2264
- Votes : 328
- Hits : 116642
Stefan Edberg in Copenhagen
Stefan Edberg confirmed his 2007 Legend Live title winning also the 2008 edition in a tight final against Croatian Goran Ivanisevic with the score of 6-3 3-6 10-8. Here you can read the article from LegendsLive.dk
Edberg defended the title
translation into English by Markus Zacharski
In a smashing final Stefan Edberg again won the trophy of Legends Live with the final victory in three well played and very close sets, 6-3, 3-6, 10-8. Ivanisevic started better into the deciding tie break but Edberg gained the lead but produced a double fault to 8-8.
But then his hands didn't shiver anymore and he won the next two balls resulting in a popular victory against the five years younger Croatian. The 42 years old Edberg also was nicely honoured by the Danish crowd that loves the friendly Swede who won 6 Grand Slam titles in his career.
"It's always a pleasure to play here in Copenhagen. The KB-hall is a fantastic arena for tennis and you are a fantastic crowd," Edberg said directly to the spectators, and he - like always - thanked the organisers of the tournament, the sponsors and volunteers.
"I think it was a good final and Goran is still playing unbelievably good tennis. I'm glad about the victory and I always enjoy winning here in Copenhagen," Edberg said, while Ivanisevic added: "I played against Stefan on the ATP tour 19 times. I'm leading 10-9, so this match I don't count," he said with a smile, while he joyfully told that it was nice to be back in Copenhagen and in the KB-hall a few days where he earlier had played Copenhagen Open and Davis Cup.
Edberg is still the winner and Borg got a fantastic farewell to the country where he indeed played more often than in his home country.
- Statoil Masters, groups and schedule made!
- Stefan Edberg: Andy Murray made the right decision
- Edberg to play Royal Albert Hall Masters in London
- "I didn't envy Boris"
- What former stars Edberg and Ivanisevic are up to
- Edberg out for revenge in final
- Edberg And Courier To Renew Rivalry In Dubai Final
- Edberg Wins In Champions Series Debut In Dubai
- Edberg volleys his way through
- Edberg On Outback
- Money woes scuttle Malaysian clash of former No.1s
- Edberg beats Borg in Legends Live first match
- "Kings of Tennis" event schedule
- Tennis greats to square off in Penang
- Stefan Edberg wins Trophée Lagardère