"Nobody does it these days, so there is hardly any variation in the style of play. I would love to see players serve & volley more. It's a very sad aspect of the game that the art has vanished" - Stefan Edberg on the disappearing of attacking play style. Read the article
Description: In an unlikely debate set up by "Straight sets" blog on who is the greatest US Open champion in the last thirty years, a virtual quarter final challenge is between Roger Federer and Stefan Edberg. Gerald Marzorati, an editor for The Ney York Times, maintains Roger Federer would win because he is too much of a brilliant shot-maker for the Swede. George Vecsey, sports columnist for the New York Times, instead, asserts Edberg would have the game and the personality to prevail.
Vote for Edberg here.
Newer news items:
- Doha 2012 - Stefan Edberg vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
- I baksätet med Stefan Edberg (In the back seat with Stefan Edberg)
- Stockholm 2011 - Stefan Edberg vs Goran Ivanisevic
- AFAS Tennis Classics 2011 - highlights
- AFAS Tennis Classics 2011 - Stefan Edberg interviewed after win on Ivan Lendl
Older news items:
- Queen's Club 2011 - Stefan Edberg in the stands
- Swedish tennis boom in the 80s and 90s - special by CNN
- Växjö 2011 - Stefan Edberg awards the winners of a European football tournament
- French Open 2011 - Stefan Edberg watching the semifinal between Rafael Nadal and Andy Murray
- Videos - Today