from BBC Sports
In a conversation with BBC Sports, Roger Federer specified how his relationship with former coach Stefan Edberg will evolve in the future. «The working relationship I had with Stefan was incredible, I loved every moment of it, - said the Swiss - but the feeling I get is he is still in the team: he still wants me to do well, he will still come and visit me on the Tour, he'll still follow my matches and he'll still give me feedback if I want, which I think is wonderful.»
Roger confirmed that the agreement with the Edberg ended for the Swede's family reasons, making clear that also his previous coaches like Annacone and Roche had a family and «it's important for them to understand that aspect as well.»
- Alan Mills pays tribute to Stefan Edberg's sportsmanship
- Gilbert: N.3 and 11 titles not enough for Federer
- Edberg (almost) rules out continuing his coaching career
- From Fedberg to Ljuberer: Thoughts on Federer's coaching shift
- Federer wanted Edberg to stay!
- Who Should Stefan Edberg Coach Next?
- Edberg: never planned to go beyond 2015
- Edberg & Federer, end of the partnership