- Exhibition - Adidas Tennis Smash
- 11.07.2005 - 12.07.2005
- Ocean Edge Resort & Club - Brewster
- Tournaments and exhibitions
The dates are set, the clay courts prepped, and anticipation is in the air. Now all that remains is the first blistering serve at New England’s most exciting summer tennis and golf event - the adidas tennis smash at Ocean Edge Resort & Club on Cape Cod - July 11-12th, 2005.
Tennis action is what you’ll get, with a Grand Slam roster of the sport’s greatest players including Rod Laver, Ivan Lendl, Martina Hingis, Stefan Edberg, Tom Gullikson and other touring pros, as well as a whirlwind of gala, exhibition, dining and participatory golf and tennis events.
Celebrating its 5th year, the adidas tennis smash is no mere celebrity tennis tourney, but a spectator’s dream offering the unique opportunity to witness classic tennis at the Ocean Edge Tennis Stadium, as well as to mix and mingle with top-ranked pros in a casual, comfortable and characteristically Cape Cod atmosphere. Laver, Edberg, Hingis and Gullikson are all past participants, while Lendl makes his adidas tennis smash debut.
Presented by Jaguar and Land Rover, the smash is a wonderful event for tennis aficionados and lovers of New England alike. It’s also a superb way to benefit an important cause, with proceeds going to the Tim & Tom Gullikson Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to the funding of care and support programs for brain tumor patients and their families.
Among the many highlights of the 5th adidas tennis smash at Ocean Edge Resort & Club on Cape Cod:
Spectacular Exhibition Play featuring some of world’s greatest tennis stars competing in singles and doubles matches at the intimate Ocean Edge Tennis Stadium, located in the shadows of the resort’s Historic Mansion.
Tennis Pro-Am & Awards Luncheon, including the unique opportunity for inspired club players to play with some of the world’s top tennis stars and celebrities — a real treat! A special awards luncheon at the Ocean Edge Mansion will follow.
Celebrity Golf Pro-Am on Ocean Edge’s 18-hole PGA Championship golf course, with lunch provided on the links. (Watch out for the #8 signature hole, a 601-yard par 5 that begs for will and skill).
Adidas Junior Tennis Clinic for the 5-to-15 set, who’ll learn from pros at the Bay Pines Tennis Courts at Ocean Edge — for free! (Last year’s junior clinic drew hundreds of kids.)
Gala Reception hosted by Bud Collins of NBC Sports and The Boston Globe. Get set to join the celebrity guest list for a cocktail reception, dinner and live auction. (We recommend Ocean Edge’s signature Watermelon Martini — as fresh and intoxicating as the summer breeze off of Cape Cod Bay.)
There are myriad ways to enjoy the adidas tennis smash at Ocean Edge Resort & Club on Cape Cod, including the following tickets and packages:
- Golf Pro-Am Package: Includes a foursome in the Celebrity Golf Pro-Am with lunch provided, four box seats for the Exhibition Matches and four invitations to the Gala Reception. ($1,750)
- Gala Reception Package: Enjoy an intimate evening with our reception host Bud Collins of NBC Sports and The Boston Globe, and many others. A cocktail reception, dinner and live auction will all take place in a very special location. A truly exceptional opportunity to mingle with tennis stars and celebrities while supporting a most-worthy cause. Tables of eight, which include eight reserved tickets to the Exhibition Matches, are included. ($1,200)
- Tennis Pro-Am & Awards Luncheon: The chance the team up with some of the world’s best tennis talent. Includes two invitations to the Gala Reception, two invitations to the Tennis Pro-Am Luncheon, and two box seats at the Exhibition Matches. ($1,500)
- Four Box Seats Plus: Includes four invitations to the Gala Reception and premium seating at the Exhibition Matches. ($900)
- Two Box Seats Plus: Includes two invitations to the Gala Reception and premium seating at the Exhibition Matches. ($450)
- Four Box Seats: Premium seating for four at the Exhibition Matches. ($300)
- Two Box Seats: Premium seating for two at the Exhibition Matches. ($150)
- Reserved Seat: Courtside seat for the Exhibition Matches. ($45)
For further information or to purchase tickets and packages for the adidas tennis smash at Ocean Edge Resort & Club on Cape Cod, please phone (508) 896-4880 ext 1479 or visit www.tennissmash.net.
Situated on a bluff overlooking Cape Cod Bay, Ocean Edge Resort & Club on Cape Cod is the Cape’s premier seaside resort. Relaxed and thoroughly inviting, the resort’s 335 rooms, suites and multi-bedroom villas rest comfortably on more than 400 naturally landscaped acres along historic Route 6A in Brewster, Massachusetts. Guests enjoy championship golf, tennis, indoor and outdoor pools, and a beautiful 700-foot slice of private beach that is the perfect setting for swimming, strolling and family gatherings.
- Ocean Edge Resort & Club - Website
- 2907 Main Street
- MA 02631-1